Licensing your contributions
GEM relies on the contribution of a very diverse community, whose work and inputs make GEM products and services more robust, complete and responsive to earthquake risk assessment globally.
Together with individuals and organisations worldwide, we are continuously working to produce important contributions to earthquake risk mitigation and the science on which it is funded. Most of these contributions will find their way into the OpenQuake Platform, others will be stand-alone tools or resources that will be accessible from the GEM website, including:
- Global uniform earthquake-related datasets
- Input models for risk modeling, global and regional, (rated by GEM and based on a set of criteria under discussion with GEM’s scientific community)
- Maps, indices, graphs and many other hazard and risk projections
- Methods, Best Practice and Guidelines
- Knowledge Sharing Apps and Resources
- Open-Source Software Tools
GEM’s mission is to bring data, tools and knowledge together and to share it. We invite you to join us in this fundamentally cooperative effort.
Please visit the products & services page to see the list of GEM products. To learn more on which products are already available and how you can contribute, please follow the links provided on the products’ pages.
Each contribution submitted to us will be reviewed, and those accepted will be credited online. Copyright always stays with the author, but by submitting your files you agree for your contributions to be released under the license(s) recommended on GEM contribution submission forms.
Generally we recommend that you select to license your contributions under the terms of CC BY-SA 3.0
Other licensing options may also include the following:
You are also welcome to contribute to various parts of our GEM website by posting comments, text or any information or feedback you might have. When you contribute, you do so on the basis that the contribution is either your own work or is information freely available in the public domain.
- contains vulgar, profane, abusive, racist or hateful language or expressions, epithets or slurs, text, photographs or illustrations in poor taste, inflammatory attacks of a personal, racial or religious nature;
- is defamatory, threatening, disparaging, grossly inflammatory, false, misleading, fraudulent, inaccurate, unfair, contains gross exaggeration or unsubstantiated claims, violates the privacy rights of any third party, is unreasonably harmful or offensive to any individual or community;
- contains terrorist-related material;
- or in other way offends and hurts people,
will be removed.